I was almost excited today when I saw that it was raining... I just purchased some cute rain boots from Target this past weekend. They were on clearance for $8.00! So, of course I couldn't wait to wear them :) I was able to take Reggie outside without my feet or the hem of my pants getting wet! Huzzah! Plus, I looked stylish doing it :)
Then, it was on to lunch with Heidi and Carrie. Good times! It was great to get out of the house and interact with friends. After discussing the job hunt, etc., I was extremely motivated to come back and work on my resume. I believe I am very close to having a final draft. I've sent it to a trusted adviser for review. Hopefully, I will get it back soon and can start the distribution. I've found several jobs that might be interesting. Now it's time to start applying, and see what happens!
Since that's finally taken care of, now I can work on my latest knitting project :) A stylish pair of fingerless gloves for my friend, Jamie. I can't wait to finish them! The pattern I'm using is called Waffle Stitch Fingerless Gloves, and can be found here. These are knit flat, as opposed to in the round, so they're a little easier for me. Still getting used to those tricky dpn's... Plus, the pattern for these isn't nearly as complex as the cable pattern I was working on the Evangeline glove. I believe I will be happier with these. And I think Jamie will love them :) Plus, I'm saving our planet one stitch at a time (see yarn label)!





I had a good time at lunch and am so excited to get to know you better!
ReplyDeleteGood job getting the resume done...you so deserve some knitting time. Love the pink.
I hate following cable charts...too much thinking. You've got to check out the magic loop method though cause I also hate dpns. Check out this link...
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques
Hey Carrie, thanks for the link! It's great!
ReplyDelete