So, it's been a small eternity since my last post. I'll go ahead and say that it will probably be like that from now on. I just don't have the time anymore. This job is really keeping me busy, especially now that I'm traveling. I will try and post something every once in a while, when something significant happens...
Now I will share with you the hilights of the past several days as I begin training in the field....
Last week went well. I'm really enjoying being in a different place, around different people, each day. It makes the week seem to go by much quicker. However, last Friday seemed to never end! We finished up our day at a nursing home in Lebanon. We were asked to observe an afternoon med pass. Normally, the nurses will start those at 4:00. We waited, and waited...and waited. Finally, at about 4:45, she moved toward her cart and off we went. It went a little slower than normal, due to the nurse being new to that particular hall. But all in all, it went pretty smoothly. Afterwards, we sat down to finish filling out all the paperwork, then hit the exit. As we walked out to our cars, I saw it.....a flat tire! It wasn't just a little low. We're talking completely flat! Great! It feels like 100 degrees outside, it's late on a Friday, and I'm all the way out in Lebanon with a flat tire. I pulled out the portable air compressor I had stowed in the back of the car, and we waited as it slowly inflated the tire. As soon as it was back up, and I replaced the cap, I heard the air pouring right back out of it (around the stem). Well, that wasn't going to work! It would be flat again by the time I got to the interstate. So, my trainer helped me put the spare tire on, and I drove slowly home with my flashers blinking the whole way. Cliff took the tire to Goodyear Saturday, they replaced the valve stem, and we were rolling again. Praise the LORD it wasn't something more serious!
This week had been going really well...until today. I traveled to one of our sister pharmacies in Huntsville to do some more med pass training with an RN. It was a pleasant drive down there. Everything was going great, until we came to a patient that had to be given their meds through a tube (in the stomach). My boss was there as well. So the three of us, plus the patient and nurse crowded into the patient's room and the process began. I was alright for about the first 5 minutes. The next thing I remember was my boss telling me to make a note of something, then the RN who was training me saying my name. I felt like I had just woken up from a nap. Apparently, I had passed out. Yep, I totally feinted in front of my boss. How embarassing! After drinking a couple of juice cups and eating some graham crackers, we finished up my training and then out to lunch before heading back home. What a day! Makes me wonder...what does next week have in store???

No comments:
Post a Comment