This past Saturday (4th of July), our pastor's son passed away from injuries sustained in a car accident. His name was Gabe Brewer. He was 17 years old, a basketball star, a leader among his peers, and a member of our youth group. I never got to talk to Gabe. So, I only really knew him through stories and through his parents, Chris and Judy. Since we've been at Rock Springs Church (1 year now), I've really come to respect and love Chris and Judy. My heart breaks for them now, as I can't imagine the loss that they feel.
With much regret, I wasn't able to attend the funeral. Cliff had the honor of playing music for it, so I got to hear from him how well Chris preached for his own son's funeral, and the invitation he gave at the end. How amazing!....amidst such grief and loss, to remain so focused and steadfast that he would extend an invitation for others to come to know Christ, so that they too could experience God's great love and mercy, and have a home in Heaven along with Gabe when their lives are over.
Here is a link to a video clip of the response to the invitation that Chris gave http://vimeo.com/5530182.
I ask you to please be in prayer for Chris and Judy, and the whole Brewer family, that their hearts would be made whole again, and that they may have the peace that passes all understanding, knowing that Gabe is no longer suffering in this world, but is at rest in the hands of his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
"You can have all this world. Give me Jesus!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment