I am thankful and happy to announce that I have rediscovered my love for running. The relay a couple of weekends ago, was just what I needed to get me excited again! Cliff and I are training for the Huntsville Half Marathon (Saturday, November 14). We are running it in honor of Cliff's best friend, Kevin Rinehart, who passed away this past November. I am really looking forward to joining up with Cliff and some of his college friends to run this race for Kev. I am also quite serious about running another full marathon sometime early 2010. I already have two under my belt: the Rocket City Marathon-Huntsville, AL (2006) and the Memphis St. Jude Marathon-Memphis, TN (2007). Since my dad has been on a mission to do a marathon in each of the 50 states, I have been inspired to do so as well....though not at the same pace he's going (in more ways than one!). Running marathons is hard......VERY HARD! But, they are also some of the most exciting and spiritual experiences I've ever had. What better way to stay fit and explore this beautiful country we live in, than to run a marathon in each and every state?! Oh yeah, I'm talkin' Alaska and Hawaii too! :)Me & Dad finishing my first full marathon
Rocket City-Huntsville, AL


You can do it. You go girl!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you have rediscovered your love for running! I'm still on my 50 States journey as well (it is hard to not be inspired with parents such as ours), so we might see each other around. :)
ReplyDeleteYes! We do have some very inspirational parents :) Maybe we can even run a few marathons together, just to keep the tradition going...
ReplyDelete