Monday, we came home from our Memorial Day shopping spree (more on that later) to a strange sound coming from our A/C unit. We didn't think a whole lot of it, though it did concern me. Later that night, Cliff discovered the ice.... Yep, everything was frozen, and only "luke warm" air was coming out of the vents. Cliff quickly Googled an answer for it (we don't know much about these things). We turned it off, and prepared for a mess the next morning. Turns out, it wasn't too bad. Most of the water went into the bucket and the rest was soaked up by the towel we had on the floor. Cliff called the A/C guy and he suggested we get a new filter for it. I'm ashamed to say, I haven't been changing the filters as often as I should.... It was pretty dirty! So Cliff swung by Lowe's on his way home from work Tuesday, replaced the filter and flipped it back on. Everything seemed okay...until Wednesday night. It started making a strange sound again (different than the first, but strange none the less). Cliff looked at the coils, and sure enough they were starting to freeze again. Off went the A/C once more, and he called the guy to come out today and take a look. The coils were pretty much caked in dirt and grime, so he cleaned them off and topped off our freon for us. Whew.... I'm so thankful that it didn't turn out to be anything more than that!
Now the reason for the title.... As we layed in bed Monday night with no A/C, and only a small fan to keep us cool, I was taken back to our honeymoon almost one year ago. We rented a quaint little cabin in the mountains of Leavenworth, WA not realizing that it wasn't equipped with central heat and air! All we had to keep cool was one sad box fan... Ahhh, memories :)
Shopping spree-- I told you I'd get to that later.... After meeting some friends for lunch Monday, Cliff and I didn't feel like going back home, so we decided to do a little shopping. We needed to take something back to Wal-Mart, and while we were there, I got to looking at cameras. I've been wanting a digital SLR for a long time now, but they're so pricey! We left the store, but couldn't keep my mind off it. We wound up at Best Buy, and I wound up with Nikon D-60! All the more reason, I'm glad our A/C problem didn't turn out to be something more!...

Love that picture! Glad you have A/C.
ReplyDeleteHey, Val,
ReplyDeletethe new camera looks great. I'm still learning how to use my Easy Shot Kodak. Had to go on line to find out what some of the icons meant. Isn't home maintance fun. We just had to replace our dryers heating element and discovered one of the outside faucet pipes had a crack.