Wow!..... I apologize for not writing sooner after starting my new job, but it's pretty much been a whirlwind since last Monday.
I'll be honest, last week was rough...really rough! I didn't expect it to take such a toll. It has been a huge adjustment, transitioning back into the workforce. Most of last week was just a physical adjustment. With this job (for the time being), I am on my feet all day. Even with my last job, I wasn't on them the entire day. I had a desk to sit at and work.
Last Tuesday was the worst! My back ached, my feet ached, my legs ached....and the day wasn't even half over! I was pretty miserable. Besides the discomfort my body felt, I was working (or trying to work) in a seemingly chaotic environment, mostly brought on by my lack of training and knowledge. Things always seem chaotic and out of control when you don't yet understand what's going on. I also found out that my boss's office is actually in Cleavland, TN rather than Nashville. So, I'm not even really sure who I'm supposed to go to for my work assignments. That's been a little strange. Eventually, I'll be traveling to Cleavland for some training before I start my actual job. Right now, I'm just trying to learn how the pharmacy operates.
Anther reason last week was so hard, was that I wasn't getting home until 6:30 or 7:00. That meant that Cliff and I didn't have time to run together. It was dinner time once I got home, and then not too long after was bedtime. We were supposed to lead worship at a youth revival at Fall Creek Baptist Church in Norene, TN Wednesday through Sunday. We had been looking forward to it since last year, when we scheduled it. Now that I was working these later hours, I couldn't be a part of it (at least not during the week). So, not only was I upset about that, but Cliff wasn't home when I got home. I felt like we hardly got to see each other last week.
Since I can't run with Cliff in the afternoons right now, I have to run in the morning. So, Thursday morning I set out to run at 6:00am (after Cliff left for work). I would run the route we always run in the afternoons. But my experience was certainly different than any afternoon run we've had out there. As I made my way to the Smyrna Library, two dogs came out of nowhere and started circling me and barking frantically. I slowed my pace, thinking they would lose interest and go home (I knew exactly which house they belonged to). But no such luck. I was ticked off and scared at the same. I didn't really know what to do. It didn't matter if I yelled at them or if I tried to ignore them. They just wouldn't give up! One of them even scratched me on my ankle, which started to sting something fierce. By the grace of God, someone came walking the opposite way and the dogs decided to follow them. I then took a different route home, so as to avoid the beasts. I really wanted to bang on the owner's front door and lecture them on responsibility. If I hadn't been so scared of the dogs, I would have! Needless to say, I will now be running on the treadmill until I am able to purchase some pepper spray.
I'm sorry to be such a "Negative Nancy". I'm praying that things will get better soon. I would ask you to continue to pray for me as I transition into this job. I really need this to be something that I enjoy! The people have been great so far. I'm still learning everyone. It'll be a slow process, I'm sure. It's tough being "the new kid." I believe that God placed me here for a reason, so I'm going to stick it out. But, I still need some serious prayers!
Thanks, and Love!

I'm praying! You hang in there! It will get better. And dogs are a menace! I always want to yell at the owners who let them run free like that. A stick works too... I have to use that when I run in Kentucky.
ReplyDelete