I apologize for my absence recently. I haven't seemed to find the time, nor the material to blog about. But, I know some of you use this as a means to keep up with what's going on in the Moore household, so I thought I'd give you an update...
Things were looking very promising for my job search the last couple of weeks. I had finally heard back from one of my first applications, wanting to do a background check on me. They said that they couldn't offer me a job until the BC came back okay (no worries there). By saying that, it seemed to me that it was a pretty sure thing. So needless to say, I've felt a little better the past several days. I've felt like I was finally getting somewhere...
Yesterday, I received a call saying that my BC was fine and could I come in next Monday for some training. My first response was that I'll be out of town next Monday (on my way back from Gatlinburg...in the plans since last April!). He then asked if I could come in this Friday to watch some videos. To which I replied that I would be out of town then too (leaving for G'burg). Very abruptly, he replied that he would call me if another position opened up.
After he hung up, I thought, "Have I blown it?!" I thought about it some more, and decided that I could go in for a few hours Friday morning. And we could leave early from G'burg and be back by Monday. I called him back a few minutes later and left a message on his voicemail. Then, I waited..... I hadn't heard anything by 4:00, so I decided to call again just to make sure he got the message, and they told me that he was out for the day and would be back today.
When I checked me email this morning, I was faced with this..."I'm sorry, the position was filled on the next phone call. I will hold your application and call you if another position opens up."
So needless to say, I've had a downer of a day today. I did venture out to get some flowers for the backyard and front porch. We needed some color! I just hope they survive! I'm not much of a green thumb. I was going to take some pics today, but it started raining. I will post some soon.
I've also been working recently on designing bridal shower invitations for my cousin. I think I've got the design down. Now, I just have to make them.
I finished my first ModPodge project as well. More on that later...
We went to KY this past weekend to visit Cliff's parents. Please, PLEASE pray for them! They are really struggling right now. Neither of them are Christians, so I'm sure things seem hopeless for them. Please pray that God will draw them in, and that Cliff and I will be beacons for them in the present darkness.
Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment