Thursday, March 12, 2009

How Long?

How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?...
These first verses of Psalm 13 describe the thoughts that have been going through my head recently. Though I do not feel as though God is hiding his face from me, I do wonder why He doesn't seem to be giving me a clear direction. Just when I think a door has been opened, it closes shut before I ever get a chance to walk through. As I quickly approach 2 months of unemployment, I'm asking myself "HOW LONG????"

Even though David was crying out to God at the beginning of the psalm, he still trusts and rejoices in Him. And that's what I'm striving to do...

But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.




1 comment:

  1. Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22

    ReplyDelete