Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The hunt is on!

I applied for two jobs today! One of them is in a pharmacy (which is what I did before the forensics lab). It's a mail order pharmacy, so I think I would like it better than working in a retail pharmacy again. No cash register. No grumpy customers coming in to get their meds! The other job is a Human Resource Office Clerk. I don't know if that would be a good fit or not. It calls for organization and attention to detail, which are my fortes... I guess we'll see. I'm also in the process of filling out an application for a pharmacy technician position at Vandy Children's Hospital. I just need to get contact info from my former pharmacy manager.

I also managed to finish one of Jamie's fingerless gloves today... I decided to experiment with fair isle knitting . Never tried it before. Just watched it demonstrated on Youtube (what would we do without it?). My experiment turned out okay, considering I made up the pattern myself :) I am anxious to try more fair isle now. I found a really cool hat pattern that I think I'm going to make for my bro'-in-law. Ah, so many projects.....so little time!

I took my dog for a walk this afternoon. I was pretty proud of him (even though he pooped in the floor earlier....apparently, it was too wet outside for him this morning...lah-de-dah!). He pretty much stayed right beside me the whole time. I didn't have to correct him nearly as much as I normally do. I even ran with him the second time around, and he stayed right with me. We have been trying to follow Cesar's (the dog whisperer) philosopy of being the pack leader: Never let your dog walk in front of you. That makes him the pack leader....and that's bad! So, we've been "rehabilitating" Reggie to be a follower and not a leader. We always make sure he walks beside us, or behind us. Consequently, he gets corrected a lot! But today, we made some good progress :)

Peace and love,
Val

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the glove! I just started my first 'stranded' project too. I'm doing the deep in the forest mittens... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/deep-in-the-forest-mittens
    So far so good seeing as I don't have a clue if I'm doing it right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carrie :) Wow, those mittens look interesting! Let me know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gloves, Val! I'm not sure if I ever told you about the socks that Carrie made for me...remind me when we can talk face-to-face. Also, praying for the jobs you applied too. I think its great that you are exploring other options too...now's your chance. Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the prayers, Heidi! I really appreciate that! And yes, you did tell me about those socks :)

    ReplyDelete