I think I'm feeling even less motivated today than I was yesterday... At least yesterday, I got out of the house. Doesn't look like that's going to happen today. For one thing, it's WAY too cold!
Anyways....
Since I've imprisoned myself in my house today, and with some encouragement from my mom, I decided to watch the inauguration. Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that we only get a few channels, and it was being broadcast on 95% of them. :) No, I do find this sort of thing interesting. I remember being completely drawn in to the funeral of Ronald Reagan not too long ago. Just the pomp and ceremony that's involved in these sorts of occasions intrigues me.
Though I wasn't paying extremely close attention to the whole thing (I was working on some knitting while the t.v. was on), I did get to hear the opening prayer and the benediction. It is a comfort to me that God is still very present in our country. Despite the fact that some are doing all they can to eliminate Him. Hello.....He's God! He will not just disappear, no matter how hard you try! I'm so thankful to live in a country that still trusts in God. I'm so thankful that our leaders still acknowledge the fact that this world is in His hands. I pray that they will continue to seek Him and to look to the only One who can bring this world out of the state that it's in right now...if He so chooses.
Alright, on to other things...
I've started working on my resume. This has never been a fun task for me. Even less fun now that I realize I'm going to have to go digging in the attic to find some of my past employment history!
Reading job descriptions always stresses me out. I liken it to reading a course syllabus for the first time. You see a huge list of things that have to be done, and you think..."How could I possibly do all of this?!" In some ways, it was nice to see everything that was expected of you. But, it was very overwhelming at the same time!
Anywho, I've found a few possibilities on Monster.com. I just need to get my resume finished and get it out there. Just gonna keep chuggin' along....
God's blessing to all,
Val
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment