Well, here goes....
So, I've recently found myself unemployed. It came as a huge blow. Now, with the economy in its present state, I guess I shouldn't have regarded myself as "safe". But, I chose to not live in fear. And so, I put the thought of getting laid off completely out of my mind.
The ironic thing is that I hadn't been happy at my job for some time now. I had often thought of leaving and finding something that would make me happy. But, one- I didn't know what would make me happy; and two- I was scared to leave. What if I went to something else and it was even worse!?
I choose to believe that this whole thing is God's way of telling me, "Since you were to scared to leave on your own, I intervened for you!" Because, in some ways this is all a big relief. But...in several other ways, it's very scary! I trust that God will provide for us, and that He has something planned for me next. But, it's the fear of the unknown- not knowing what, or when.
I'm making the choice again to not live in fear. I will trust in the One who provided my last job, who provided a new job for my husband (Cliff) when he lost his last year, and who will continue to provide for us, no matter what happens.
"Be thou my vision, O Lord..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Dear!! Yep, I think God might definitely be giving you a little nudge to get out there and find a job that fulfills you = ) I'll pray that you find it real, real soon, and I'll keep an ear out for anything that I think sounds fun!! Love and miss you! Leslie K.
ReplyDeleteSo very true. My husband is very much a pessimist and when I came home that day from losing my job, the first thing he said to me is "maybe this is a blessing in disguise." Now, knowing him and how he usually doesn't say stuff like that as his first reaction...I really think that God is totally in this. I too hadn't really been 100% happy at work in recent months, but like you I had no idea what else I would do. I just have to keep the faith that when a door is closed, somewhere God is going to open a window. Thinking of you...
ReplyDelete