Yesterday afternoon, Cliff and I got sucked into Dances With Wolves. While this is a great movie, and one that I remember being totally enthralled with when it first came out, I just can't watch movies like that anymore! If a new drama is advertised, you can bet that I won't be going to see it. My heart just can't take it. When I was younger, things like that didn't bother me... probably because I had no real "drama" in my own life, so it didn't matter if I experienced it in others'. Now that I've gone through several "dramatic" events in my life, that is enough for me! I don't need to watch it on the big screen! It even bothers me to watch action movies that involve a lot of killing. I wrote a blog on myspace expressing how I felt about The Dark Knight. You can see it here (if I did that right).
Anywho....
Today wasn't quite as productive as I had hoped. I still haven't finished my resume. I did, however, file for unemployment. Wow, that took a lot longer than I expected! I just hope I did everything correctly. I've been sent several emails of things to check out (job opportunities, networking sights, etc.) for which I am truly thankful. It's just a lot to take in all at once. So, I'm starting to feel a little stressed. I feel that I should at least check out each opportunity that comes my way. God speaks in all things, and I don't want to ignore Him!
I did manage to break away from all of that for about an hour this afternoon, and pick up some yarn for my next projects :)
I'm looking forward to finishing my resume tomorrow (Lord willing) and having lunch with my good friend, Heidi. I may even start on some of those projects...
Peace to all,
Val
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

New yarn, thoughts of a new project, and lunch with Heidi....I can hear the stress melting away. Hang in there Val.
ReplyDeleteLunch was great, Val. I hope you enjoyed it too. Let's do it again soon! Also, if you and Cliff aren't doing anything for Superbowl this Sunday, won't you join us at our small group? Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the details.
ReplyDeleteYes, I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch! Let's definitely do it again :) I will talk to Cliff about the Superbowl, and let you know. Thanks!
ReplyDelete