Saturday, February 7, 2009

We have a Refuge!

REFUGE- 1. shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc, 2. a place of shelter, protection, or safety,
3. anything to which one has recourse for aid, relief, or escape

We have this safe place, this shelter, this relief from the trials and storms of our lives!

2 Samuel 22:2-4

"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence.
I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies."

Joel 3:16

"But the LORD is a refuge to his people..."

Psalm 46:1-2

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way.."

Psalm 2:12

"...Blessed are all who take refuge in him."

It is Jesus Christ! He is our safe place. He is our shelter, and our protection. And He gives Himself freely, if we'll only accept Him.

1 comment: