Greetings, gentle readers. I thought I would give you a quick update on the job search. After remaining stagnant for 4 weeks, there have been some new developments.
I got a call last Friday from my friend, Brad, who was laid off when I was. He was checking to see if I had found anything yet. Turns out, he just started working at another forensics lab in Nashville (toxicology), and they're looking to hire more. Apparently, they're looking for some quality control folks as well. I sent them my resume, etc. after I got off the phone with him. So, now I'm playing the waiting game. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be back in the lab environment. But since that's pretty much all I've known, it might be hard to break free from it.
Yesterday, Cliff sent me an email with two job postings for Lifeway. The idea of working for them has been a hope of mine since I met Cliff. Just to work in a Christian environment would be so nice for a change! Plus, we could carpool and have lunch together everyday :) The position I applied for is basically an admin. assistant/receptionist. I think it only pays about half of what I was making at the lab. I know it's too early to even be thinking about it, but I can't help it.... Do I go with the lab, who will probably pay me close to what I was making before? Or, do I go with the opportunity to work at Lifeway (and possibly move up), and only make a fraction of what I was making before? Of course, I may not even have to make a decision.... I may not hear from either place! However, should I be faced with the choice, it will be a hard one.
On a somewhat lighter, sillier note, here is one of those Facebook notes that's circulating around at the moment. I thought it was pretty funny :)
Rules:
1. Put your music library on shuffle.
2. For each question, push the next button to get your answer.
3. You must put the song title as the answer to the question no matter what. They can be silly but sometimes they work. Don't cheat.
4. Ok, go!
5. When your done tag 26 people so they can do the same.
1. If someone says "Is this OK?", you say?
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus (Alan Jackson)
2. What would best describe your personality?
It's Not Over (Jonny Lang)
3. What do you like in a guy/girl?
Friends Forever (Thunderbugs)
4. How do you feel today?
Love is Still a Worthy Cause (Sara Groves)
5. What is your life's purpose?
Train Song (Mindy Smith)
6. What is your motto?
Thankful (Jonny Lang)
7. What do you think of your parents?
Refining Fire (Cliff Moore)
8. What do you think about very often?
Beautiful Lord (Leeland)
9. What is two + two?
Tortured, Tangled Hearts (Dixie Chicks)
10. What do you think about your best friend?
Kountry Gentleman (Family Force 5)
11. What do you think of the person you like?
Chocolate (Snow Patrol)
12. What is your life story?
Santa Baby (Eartha Kitt)
13. What do you think you want to be when you grow up?
Santa Will Find You (Mindy Smith)
14. What do you think when you see the person you like?
Thank You (Boyz II Men)
15. What do your parents think of you?
Billy Brown (Third Day)
16. What song will they play at your wedding?
1,2,3 Remix (Gloria Estefan)
17. What will they play at your funeral?
Strings (Standing Small)
18. What is your hobby/interest?
Foggy Mountain Breakdown (Earl Scruggs)
19. What is your biggest secret?
Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Michael McDonald)
20. What do you think of your friends?
Praise Song (Third Day)
21. What will you post this as?
Eagles (Third Day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment