Do you ever wish you were someone else...instead of you? I find myself thinking about that often, especially recently. What is the secret to being content with who you are? I think confidence is one. That's something that I really struggle with..... the lack of it.
I really hate the fact that I'm so introverted sometimes. But I can't seem to break free of it, and bust out of my shell. It seems, at one time, I wasn't so inside myself all the time, but I don't know how to get back there. I don't know what changed.
I just see all of these wonderful people who are outgoing; can talk to anyone and everyone like they were their closest friend... They have no inhibitions! I see these people, and all I can think about is how much I wish I were like them.
So the question is: Should I be forcing myself to be someone I'm not? Or just accept the fact that I am not like that; accept the fact that I'm more reserved... a follower, rather than a leader?
I simply wish I could be happy and content with who I am, and not worry about trying to be someone I'm not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Girl! Contentment...I've struggled so much with that...and the 'ed' on that struggled is probably not true...I STRUGGLE with contentment so much! Definitely keep going back to Phil. 4:10-20...it helped when I realized that contentment is learned and doesn't just come. So how do I LEARN it? I think vs. 13 is the key...and one of the first memory verses that my girls learned!
ReplyDeleteOh and btw, your quiet spirit was one of the first things I noticed about you. From this loud mouth, introvertedness is something I need to do more of!
Thanks, Carrie! I really appreciate your comments, and the verse you cited. I've never really applied it to the way I feel about myself. I just always think of it as being content with whatever situation I'm in, but it only makes sense that it would apply to the other too.
ReplyDelete